Things to Do
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding at Granite Peak, with more than 70 runs and a new base village.
- Snow tubing at Sylvan Hill Park, with six rides down and two wire tows to pull you back up. This was once a ski hill.
- Snowmobiling in the county with the most trails, with nearly 900 miles for snowmobilers to enjoy.
- Cross country ski at Nine Mile County Forest Recreation Area, with 20 miles of trails, some even lit for nighttime skiing.
- City Grill, on the lobby level of the Jefferson Street Inn, specializes in American cuisine. It's a hip spot for lunch and a wonderful place for holiday dining with friends and family.
- Back When Café serves incredible farm-to-table cuisine in an atmosphere that blends olds and new in a most eclectic way. Enjoy a glass of fine wine while you're there.
- Michael's offers a quintessential Wisconsin supper club experience, with a prime selection of steaks and fresh seafood plus irresistible desserts.
- The Mint Café, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, is known for its homemade muffins in the morning, gourmet sandwiches at lunch, and hearty meals at dinner.
- Evolutions in Design is a must-shop at the holidays, with its stunning displays of flowers, plants, art, home décor items and the work of local artisans.
- Janke Book Store is Wisconsin's oldest bookstore, established in 1874 and considered an institution in Wausau. This independent shop also carries games, puzzles and art supplies.
- Shepherd & Shaller Sporting Goods is for anyone who loves being active and outdoors, with clothing, shoes, accessories and gear for summer and winter sports.
- Sweets on 3rd in Wausau's historic river district is a European-style chocolate shop with sweets to satisfy all chocolate cravings, including hand-crafted truffles, specialty chocolate bars, even hot chocolate mixes.